C.A.M.P College. Audition. Musical Theatre. Prep.
June 23 – 29, 2019
Rolling admissions! We are filling up but spots and scholarships are still AVAILABLE. we want you to be apart of the AE Family and set you up for SUCCESS!
Artist Empowered C.A.M.P. is a boutique style Musical Theatre intensive designed for rising high-school Juniors and Seniors, aspiring to attend a competitive college or conservatory program. This one-week intensive is the perfect step to approaching your college auditions with clarity and confidence!
- Prep for PreScreens, Unifieds and Live Campus Auditions, we will continue to build your college audition “package” showcasing what makes you unique and what will set you apart:
- Coached Directly by Industry Professionals and College Professors with Real-World Contemporary Advice
- Song Repertoire/ Cuts
- Acting your Song
- Monologue Selection and Work
- Audition Etiquette
- Audition Wear and Presentation
- Individual “Branding”
- Opportunity to take Professional Headshots
- Headshot Selection
- Resume Work
- One-on-One Coaching
- Mock Auditions and Dance Calls
- Broadway and Chicago Theatre Connections
- Working Artist Mentors
- Evening Activities: Sightseeing and Theatre-going Excursions
- College Conversations:
- What Programs Best Suit You
- Reach, Fit and Safety Schools
- Audition Self Care
- Repertoire Book and Making Cuts
This one-of-a-kind Intensive will be held in the charming college town of Naperville just 28 miles west of the Chicago loop, utilizing the newly renovated, fully equipped state-of-the-art lofted studios of The School of Performing Arts. Housing is a quick five-minutes away on the campus of North Central College.
- Katie Johannigman associate professor of Musical Theatre at Cincinnati Conservatory of Music
- Award-winning lyric soprano Claudia Benack, associate professor of voice at Carnegie Mellon University
- Eric Sciotto, dancer/ director/ CCM alum. Broadway Credits Include; Something Rotten! Annie Get your Gun, Sweet Charity and many more
- Dr. Jennifer Barnickel-Fitch DMA from University of Michigan
- Kristi Bramlett professor at Columbia College
- Alumni from Carnegie Mellon University, Annie Yokom and Sawyer Peirce
Guest Artists Include:
- Cameron Knight, Professor at North Carolina School For the Arts, previous head of BFA Acting program at The Theatre School at DePaul University, and acting professor at Carnegie Mellon University
- Garrett Lutz, North Central College Alum, Chicago Credits include: Paramount Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare, Marriott Theatre
Artist Empowered is an acceptance/auditioned summer program. All audition and application requirements on GetAcceptd.com. See dropdown menu on the left to see the 2019 audition requirements.
Total Fees: $2500
Tuition, $1750 | Room/Board, $600 | Activities Fees, $150*
*does not include optional headshot fee