C.A.M.P College. Audition. Musical Theatre. Prep.
June 23 – 29, 2019
Commit by January 25th and receive free professional headshots at C.A.M.P.
Artist Empowered C.A.M.P. is a boutique style Musical Theatre intensive designed for rising high-school Juniors and Seniors, aspiring to attend a competitive college or conservatory program. This one-week intensive is the perfect step to approaching your college auditions with clarity and confidence!
- Prep for PreScreens, Unifieds and Live Campus Auditions, we will continue to build your college audition “package” showcasing what makes you unique and what will set you apart:
- Coached Directly by Industry Professionals and College Professors with Real-World Contemporary Advice
- Song Repertoire/ Cuts
- Acting your Song
- Monologue Selection and Work
- Audition Etiquette
- Audition Wear and Presentation
- Individual “Branding”
- Opportunity to take Professional Headshots
- Headshot Selection
- Resume Work
- One-on-One Coaching
- Mock Auditions and Dance Calls
- Broadway and Chicago Theatre Connections
- Working Artist Mentors
- Evening Activities: Sightseeing and Theatre-going Excursions
- College Conversations:
- What Programs Best Suit You
- Reach, Fit and Safety Schools
- Audition Self Care
- Repertoire Book and Making Cuts
This one-of-a-kind Intensive will be held in the charming college town of Naperville just 28 miles west of the Chicago loop, utilizing the newly renovated, fully equipped state-of-the-art lofted studios of The School of Performing Arts. Housing is a quick five-minutes away on the campus of North Central College.
- Katie Johannigman associate professor of Musical Theatre at Cincinnati Conservatory of Music
- Award-winning lyric soprano Claudia Benack, associate professor of voice at Carnegie Mellon University
- Eric Sciotto, dancer/ director/ CCM alum. Broadway Credits Include; Something Rotten! Annie Get your Gun, Sweet Charity and many more
- Dr. Jennifer Barnickel-Fitch DMA from University of Michigan
- Kristi Bramlett professor at Columbia College
- Alumni from Carnegie Mellon University, Annie Yokom and Sawyer Peirce
Guest Artists Include:
- Cameron Knight, Professor at North Carolina School For the Arts, previous head of BFA Acting program at The Theatre School at DePaul University, and acting professor at Carnegie Mellon University
- Garrett Lutz, North Central College Alum, Chicago Credits include: Paramount Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare, Marriott Theatre
Artist Empowered is an acceptance/auditioned summer program. All audition and application requirements on GetAcceptd.com. See dropdown menu on the left to see the 2019 audition requirements.
Total Fees: $2500
Tuition, $1750 | Room/Board, $600 | Activities Fees, $150*
*does not include optional headshot fee